School Mission Statement
At Lane End Primary School we aim to work in partnership with all members of the school community to make teaching and learning exciting and enjoyable, support and challenge every child to achieve at the highest possible level and create a safe and secure environment where every child is happy, valued and prepared to make a positive contribution to our rapidly changing society.
The Aims of the School
- · To create an environment in which all children can experience success and thereby build self-confidence.
- · To develop the all-round potential of the children through the vehicle of a rich, broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum.
- To help children to acquire intellectual skills and apply them.
- To develop in children a positive attitude towards education as a continuing process
- To develop children’s growth mindset and ability to embrace a challenge
- The development of a stimulating environment which is organised, secure, structured and purposeful.
- To promote a climate in which creativity can flourish.
- To prepare children for the demands of a rapidly changing society.
- To provide for children's physical development.
- To recognise the importance of two-way communication with parents and school support agencies.
- To develop in children an awareness and understanding of our own and other cultures, religions, races and ways of life.
- To develop skills of communication in which the children are free to express themselves, encouraged to respect the views of others within their group, and ultimately society in general.
- To equip the children for a changing society and to enable them to adapt and thus develop qualities of self-reliance and self-discipline. To challenge every child to achieve at the highest level they possibly can.
For us the primary curriculum is the way in which we are going to develop a broad band of knowledge that exposes children to different ways of looking at the world. We aim to tailor education to individual need, interest and aptitude so as to fulfil every child’s potential. Every child will have access to a rich, broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum. We will use diverse teaching strategies to develop the talents of each child and teachers will use the flexibilities that already exist to ally high standards in the basics with opportunities for enrichment and creativity.
To find out more about the curriculum we follow, please see
Reading and Phonics at Lane End Primary School
Spring Term Planning Overviews 2019
Autumn Term Curriculum Overviews 2018